Blogs > Day Trippin'

Look here for day and weekend trip ideas and features.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Wildwood


Since I was a little girl my family has gone to Wildwood, New Jersey for summer family vacation.
We just got back from this years visit at the shore and it was awesome like always. For the entire week we had perfect weather, where my family sat on beach basting in the sun and making sandcastles with my 2 year old nephew. Once we got to warm, we then took a dip into the Atlantic or the pool, which is in our aparment complex, to cool us off.

With endless amounts of activities on the Wildwood boardwalk, including three piers with rides and two with water parks, my family was sure to buy discounted tickets from the Lansdale Rec center. With our tickets we were able to spend one full day at both water parks and a full day to go on unlimited rides at all three piers. My nephew is two years old and had the greatest time ever on the kids rides. A lot of rides are subjected towards younger ages, but there are several rollercoaster you need to ride when you get there.


ATTENTION ALL ICE CREAM LOVERS! I HAVE FOUND HEAVEN! Being that I am a serious ice cream fan and eater (yes, I finished Friendly's 12 scooper sundae myself) I had to find a great ice cream parlor in Wildwood. Well, I found it! The place is called Duffer's located at 5210 Pacific Avenue. It is a resturant and ice cream parlor, but I say skip the food and go for dessert. They have endless amounts of homemade flavors and AMAZING sundaes. The sundaes are a pretty big size and I reccomend you share them...unless you eat like me. :)
Also for food, make sure to stop at Mack's Pizza, located at 4200 on the Boardwalk. For all you Ocean City, NJ fans, it's just like Mack and Manco, but Mack decided to go solo in Wildwood. The pizza is so tasty and comes out quick. Stop in the shop or get it delivered to your place. Either way, you have to grab a slice.
I hope after reading this you want to jump in the car and drive only two hours to Wildwood. It's a great family trip and I plan on one day taking my kids there. I'm always loving those Wildwood Days!!!

Amanda Piccirilli, 21, Lansdale

2 Comments:

Blogger by chance said...

Ahhh.. this brings back such wonderful memories of one I was a teen and went to Wildwood every summer! You have made my day!!!

July 18, 2008 at 5:45 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a kid, my grandparents had a rooming house in Wildwood to which I spent many summers. I spent the days at the beach and the nights on the boardwalk and going on the rides. My favorites were the old rollercoaster and the bumping cars and playing in the arcade. When there was a John Wayne movie playing, I would go to that. I saw the High and the Mighty every night it played at the Strand. Those were the days, 50 years ago.

July 19, 2008 at 2:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home